Who am I?I'm a creator. I love to brainstorm ideas and make them come alive on screen. I'm driven, I'm focused, and I'm a leader. I constantly strive to grow and evolve in my career, and I'm always open to networking within my industry.
I was born and raised in New York... I love my city and I love what I do. Back in high school I decided to take a course called TV Production. Little did I know, that course would eventually become the platform for my career.
I knew it was my calling - I cut other classes just so I could finish editing my latest project. I was also my Class President... so needless to say, the principal was pretty lenient with me!
I majored in TV and Radio Communications in college and my first internship led me straight into my first job... I was one awesome tape logger!
The rest is history – throughout the years I’ve gained both long form and short form experience and am excited to see what new opportunities the future holds. Please check out my résumé and some work examples below!
SUPERVISING PRODUCER / WRITER – Nickelodeon International
- On-Air, Digital & Brand Creative / Kids’ Choice Awards: Responsible for supporting all lines of business including programming, digital, marketing & consumer products to ensure Nick & Nick Jr. are viewed as one cohesive brand worldwide.
- Key functions: supervising/managing/hiring creative team comprised of writer/producers, editors, graphic designers, and coordinators in the creation of short form video and graphic content for onair, digital, and social, including but not limited to promos, digital exclusives, gifs, thumbnails, loopable .mp4s, brand image work, and sizzle reels for use in over 50 global territories.
- Responsibilities include writing/approving scripts, supervising all aspects of post production, managing calendar, staying within budget constraints, and overseeing all graphics production including creative direction of original packages, toolkits, and reversioned assets.
- Kids’ Choice Awards: Produced Regional Award shoots annually for all priority international markets from concept through completion – responsible for scripting, staffing, stage managing, supervising all aspects of post production from managing multiple edit sessions & audio mixes simultaneously, to delivering numerous versions of the final show to accommodate each region.
STORY PRODUCER – Diamante Pictures / mun2 / NBC Universal
April 2009-May 2009
- Xtreme: On the Verge (reality docu-series following Latin hip-hop artists): Prepared all scripts for edit including pilot episode. Screened/logged all relevant footage and papercut each 30 minute episode within tight deadlines of three days or less.
POST SUPERVISOR / STORY PRODUCER – Leopard Films USA / HGTV / DIY
July 2008-April 2009
- Hidden Potential (home design series for HGTV): Main person of contact for all post production. Acted as a Post Supervisor and Story Producer. Produced 20×30 minute episodes, wrote scripts, directed remote VO sessions, hired and supervised assistant editors, coordinated transcriptions and digitizing priorities.
May 2008-July 2008
- Man Caves (home makeover series for DIY): Post Produced 6×30 minute episodes, supervised multiple edit sessions simultaneously, directed VO sessions with talent, wrote VO scripts, collaborated with production management regarding post production schedule, logging, and digitization coordination.
FIELD PRODUCER – After Five Productions / Discovery Networks
April 2008-May 2008
- Emeril Green (cooking series): Field produced “day in the life” profile packages on people selected to cook with Chef Emeril, directed scenes, pitched story ideas, developed treatments, hired crew, drafted call sheets and shoot schedules, maintained shoot notes, tape logs and proposed scripts.
WRITER / PRODUCER – The Knot TV
- Bridal Market Week / Wedding Style (segments for web): Field produced bridal runway shows, interviewed designers & buyers, directed host stand-ups. Post produced magazine format wedding segments, wrote scripts, supervised edit and VO sessions.
PRODUCER / FIELD PRODUCER / ASSOCIATE PRODUCER – Ultra HD
November 2007-January 2008
- Behind the Label: Chado Ralph Rucci (series profiling fashion icons): Post Produced half-hour episode, wrote script, directed edit & VO sessions, compiled all research, booked shoots, scouted locations, pitched story ideas.
- Behind the Label: Luca Luca: Scheduled and coordinated to shoot abroad in Istanbul, Turkey in conjunction with Luca Luca PR. Field Produced shoots at locations including the Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar, Dolmabahce Palace, and Cirigan Palace. Covered Luca Luca’s 15-year anniversary event in Istanbul.
October 2007-December 2007
- Beauty Minute Makeover (how-to interstitials): Booked, field produced & post produced beauty makeover interstitials with major cosmetic brands.
- Where D’ya Get That? (MOS interstitials): Field & post produced man on street packages to air as network interstitials
August 2007-November 2007
- Full Frontal Fashion Milan: Coverage of fashion weeks around the globe. Produced six one-hour episodes abroad hosted by Judy Licht, directed wraps & reaction interviews with celebrities, fashion editors, buyers & designers, edited scripts, drafted rundowns, call sheets & schedules, scouted locations. Post produced all coverage: directed VO sessions, scripted packages, pulled music from Firstcom Library, digitized footage, generated all GFX elements, compiled deliverables binders.
- Full Frontal Fashion New York: Booked celebrity talent Carmen Electra as host, negotiated fees & contract details with agent. Field produced “Beauty Buzz” packages with Glamour Magazine’s Fashion Editor-at-Large for behind-the-scenes beauty spots with top hair & make-up artists. Covered over 40 runway shows, field produced reaction interviews, secured access to all runway shows & coordinated schedules of five camera crews. Studio Commentary Segments: Booked talent and guest commentators, wrote scripts and rundowns. Compiled “factoid” GFX, credits, lower thirds, and deliverable binders.
October 2006-February 2007
- Ultra Eye: New York (travel series highlighting “cities of style”): Field Produced b-roll shoots, contacted talent agencies in search of VO talent to narrate the program – booked & assisted in remote VO session. Booked locations/interviews, compiled call sheets, maintained production calendar, managed all shot tapes in conjunction with the tape library & digitizers. Managed all release forms, legal agreements, & compiled production binder. Pulled music for entire show, supervised PA’s & interns with tape logging, still image & digitization requests.
- Full Frontal Fashion Miami: Assisted Supervising Producer on location with wraps. Maintained take logs & time code notes, booked additional packages, managed all shot tapes & releases, implemented tape logging system. Point person for editors & all producers during post-production, compiled deliverable binders.
June 2006-August 2006
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER – Spooky Truth Productions / A&E Networks
April 2006-December 2006
- Multiple Freelance Projects (pilot and corporate video): Responsibilities included booking shoots, coordinating crews & location logistics, compiling call sheets, assisting on field shoots, creating a tape logging system to keep track of tape status. Hired digitizers & dubbers, reserved & coordinated holds on edit suites & pro-tools sessions, handled all dub & transcription requests, organized production calendar, binders & deliverables.
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER – WE: Women’s Entertainment
April 2005-May 2006
- Style Me with Rachel Hunter (competition reality show): Produced interstitials using extra content & behind the scenes footage to air during segment breaks. Field produced two episodes, booked locations, negotiated fees, trade outs, & product placement. Implemented a tape database to keep track of logging, digitization, & location of all 800 HDCam shot tapes. Oversaw tape loggers, pulled sound bites, music, photos, digitized tapes, and organized Avid Bins. Assisted in papercuts for four of the eight episodes. Assisted in casting process and was liaison for entire production crew.
REPORTER – Telecare
September 2002-January 2003
- Long Island News Tonight (externship):Responsible for reporting at electronic news gatherings, writing stories, editing packages, recording VOs, assisting News Director in control room with switcher and rolling VTR.
- Master of Arts, May 2005 – Summa Cum Laude
- Bachelor of Arts, May 2004 – Summa Cum Laude
- Major: Television & Radio Communications, GPA: 3.92
EDUCATION – New York Institute of Technology
Please don’t hesitate to contact me for more information about my work.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org